Tuesday 3 December 2019

Posters


Above are the three posters that I have created in response to my investigation. I am really proud/happy with these and see this as a direct relation to the process with which I managed to create them. Consciously incorporating flow into my process throughout this practical investigation enabled me to gain a much better understanding of the motivations behind my own practice. I was creating work with the aim of simply enjoying what I was doing and this really informed my imagery. The development of the outcomes was playful from the outset and throughout. The combination of both digital and traditional processes is something I really value. I have come to understand that this is a necessary component of my process as it allows an element of surprise to enter the process. This lack of control over what the imagery will look like motivates me to create. 

I've managed to learn a lot about the motivations behind creativity through my practical investigation into this topic. Employing the practice of flow into my process has given me an informed understanding of creativity and how we can nurture it in this increasingly digital world. Using social media as a creative is such a vital way of existing nowadays and provides an incredible number of benefits to so many people. But alongside this, there are the issues such as homogeneity of content through adhering to trends which need to be addressed. Through engaging with the process of flow originality and elements of surprise are able to be sustained within the visual aesthetic of the work created online. I know that I can't speak for all creatives online but through this practical research I have concluded that we all must remember to undertake projects in our own time, for ourselves. Rather than creating with the hope of gaining visibility online. As this enables the intrinsic side of creativity to be nurtured; which in turn sustains the practice as a whole allowing for new and exciting ways of communicating opinions/ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflective Report 5

This project has been one of the most challenging I have had so far in the course. Producing this essay and visual investigation has helped ...